Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One woman sweat shop...



So I've decided to join in the Raw(e) fun over at Sami's blog http://sailorandcompany.blogspot.com/ The theme for the week is distractions...take a picture of what distracts you and post a pic...unedited of course!


So my (current) distraction is sewing....hence my picture of fabric. Lately, I spend lots of time sewing...my husband has called me a "one woman sweat shop"...hahaha! I also spend lots of time looking at and buying fabric as well as learning patterns, etc...


I try to do most of it at night when the kiddos are sleeping, but that is not always the case. My new love of sewing has distracted me from many things...cleaning my house, playing with my kids, finishing my other projects, etc, etc... So my distraction (currently) is sewing....I'm sure next month it will be something else as I tend to be somewhat ADD.

4 comments:

  1. Can you sew something for me? Please. How about the baby?

    Nice fabric and shot :)
    Miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still learning to sew...hence the obsession with it! I would love to sew something for you (and the baby!) Boy or girl?? Are you going to share that secret when you find out :-)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn how to sew. I taught myself to do a little, then got obsessed with going to fabric stores. I've got a ton of fabric now, and no clue what I want to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started by drooling over things I couldn't afford at etsy...decided I could probably make at least some of it myself and then googled free pdf patterns and tutorials. Now I'm working on building my fabric stash!

    ReplyDelete