Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Best Salad...... EVER!!!

Well in my humble opinion anyways. So a few weeks ago, Chris and I went on a (GASP) date...which is exceedingly rare seeing as we live nowhere near relatives and don't do the babysitter route much. Anyway...we went to a regional chain restaurant and I had this AMAZING salad for dinner. It was really really good and incredibly simple so yesterday for dinner (and today for lunch) I created it in my own kitchen. For much less $$. Minus the babysitter. And the long drive the blowing and drifting snow.

Ingredients:
Head of iceburg lettuce
shredded carrots
chopped celery
crumbled blue cheese
boneless chicken breasts
favorite bbq sauce
Flat pita bread

Combine lettuce, carrots, celery and blue cheese, cook chicken breasts, coat with bbq sauce and add to salad. Lightly warm/toast pita in the oven and cut into wedges.

I guess you'd call it a boneless wing salad. I call it YUMMMY!




No comments:

Post a Comment